As the air gets frostier and twinkling lights pop up in windows and along streets, our minds start to ponder what gifts to give to our closest friends and family—and as we all know, beauty products make perfect gifts under the tree or as stocking stuffers.
For your beauty-obsessed bestie or for a cousin you see once a year, this little gift of self-care gives any recipient an opportunity to indulge in new scents, colors, or products. From hydrating lotions to sparkling eye palettes and punchy, bright lipsticks to nourishing serums — beauty products are often gifts that keep on giving.
The cosmetics and beauty brand Yves Rocher set out to discover which beauty products were the most trending holiday gifts, and which beauty products are dominating online searches in each state during the holiday season.
Using Google Trends data, and their expert beauty intel, they’ve uncovered which states are lusting for beauty products during the holiday season and which prefer painting festive nails, pampering their (likely winter-dry) skin with luscious face cream, and more.
- Utah and Oregon are the most interested in “beauty gifts” during that -buying frenzy from Black Friday until Christmas Eve (in 2020).
- Make it “rein” perfume gift sets and face cream — both products tied for #1 most popular. These two categories had 11 states apiece, meaning 22 of all 50 states are searching for one of these two beauty gifts comparatively more than others.
- Jingle smells, jingle smells (but smells good!): #1 perfume gift sets are uber-popular in Southern states like Texas, Florida, and Georgia, with interest stretching north up to Mid-Western states such as Missouri and Illinois.
- Treat yo’ (moisturizing) elf: Also #1, the gift of face cream is perfect for those living in drier states like Colorado, Nevada, and New Mexico, but also is a big hit in states such as Alabama, Iowa, Massachusetts, Oregon, Washington, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania.
- Nail polish comes in next with 10 states looking to decorate their nails. Popularity stretches from flip-flop-wearing Hawaiians to bundled up Alaskans and also includes Indiana, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
- The only state looking for lipstick is New York, but they’re not singing “All I Want for Christmas” because they’d also like some face cream too. If you think that’s indecisive, South Dakota can’t choose between eyeshadow palettes, body lotion, or hair masks!
To dig into more beauty gift-giving insight, visit the full report here.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.