We’ve been talking about how we bring our brand to life. As Hair & Co BKLYN our name is very significant.
HAIR is what we do. Keep it simple. Cut through the noise.
CO. is who we are.
COllaboration is how we work and practice our craft together as a team.
COmmunity is the diverse Brooklynites we serve with our services and our charitable efforts.
COmmitment to always putting our clients first.
COnfindence is the result of our culture. Our training system inspires us be color-strong and love and master all types and textures of hair.
Now, all roads must align with what we do and who we are, including store design, people, services, product, marketing and training. Ready, set, go!!!
We started with our business plan and asked ourselves several questions:
1. How does the space play a part in our brand? We want to be approachable and expose what we do.
- We’ll bring our craft to the window. Walkers by immediately will see what we do.
- We are color-strong and our colorbar is our centerpiece.
- Eliminate the barrier of a reception area, yup no reception desk at Hair & Co BKLYN. We will bring technology to our client and make the experience more intimate. We will have a Concierge but we are exploring the mind shift that will accompany the design.
- Outdoor space is our communal space, a place to go, hangout and connect.
2. What are we looking for in the people? One brand one voice.
- The desire to be confident in all types and textures of hair. We can train it but we need curious open minds.
- Collaborative spirit…no silos.
- We want at least one expert in each discipline; color, cutting, finishing, barber, natural hair, all kinds of straightening and pinups.
- Three stylists with a following, who meet the above criteria and have NO EGO.
3. How will the product and service mix make a difference?
- Retail product should be complementary, innovative and drive traffic.
- We need to be able to address all types and textures of hair and be the masters of finishing.
- We are looking for hot up and coming brands that will drive traffic and be a bit unique in our area.
- Reoccurring revenue is fantastic, we’ve identified 2-4 services which could be membership services.
Wow, it’s an amazing feeling to really crystalize our point of difference. We have a ton of vendor meetings scheduled over the next two weeks to see which brands will align with our vision.
So much to do and time is flying by…..Chat Soon.
Did you miss Allyson King's former blogs as she and her husband Shannon open their dream salon in Brooklyn. Catch up on their journey!