As you turn the page on another business year, it might be time to schedule in a little self-care in 2024 to keep yourself focused and strong as your company's leader. If you're searching for some ideas, here's a list of offerings from Arizona and Califonria that immerse guests in ultimate wellbeing in beautiful destinations.
Inner Balance Wellness Weekend
Mountain Shadows Resort Scottsdale
Paradise Valley, AZ
January 5-7, 2024
Tucked in the shadow of Camelback Mountain, Mountain Shadows Resort Scottsdale is a modernism match made in the 1950s, enveloped by a serene playground. A dreamy destination to experience ‘inner balance’ at the beginning of 2024, Mountain Shadows is hosting an Inner Balance Wellness Weekend from January 5-7. Led by Serenity Risvik, an herbalist and sound therapist focused on physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing, this transformative healing retreat is a beautiful blend of soul coaching, mindful activities, meditation, light yoga and healing opportunities to guide guests on a journey of self-discovery, while making meaningful connections with new friends. In the evening, watch the colors change as the sun sets over Camelback Mountain from a private oasis and melt into a supportive space that will result in the ultimate relaxation and renewal. The weekend is priced at $1,000 (single occupancy) or $1,550 (double occupancy). Space is limited to 30 people and can be reserved by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Activities and accommodations feature:
- Two-night stay in a Deluxe Guestroom
- Mindful journaling
- Speeches by renowned wellness directors & energy therapists
- Daily yoga
- Tea & Sound Ceremony & Breathwork Ceremony
- Sunday breakfast + healthy snacks
- Dining a la carte at Hearth ’61
Carmel Valley Ranch
January 11-14, 2024
From January 11-14, The Ranch is partnering with Jobi Manson and Sēfari, the renowned practice that blends science, nature and art to help people return to their truest essence, for a weekend-long retreat. The itinerary will include three immersive Sēfari workshops led by Jobi, multiple Spa Aiyana treatments, and a plethora of one-of-a-kind activities led by the property's artisans-in-residence. Itinerary highlights include:
- Hilltop Yoga: An integrated outdoor yoga experience with breathtaking views of the Santa Lucia Mountains.
- Listening to Stone (facilitated by Sēfari): Explore deep time and observe the textures of history using stones.
- Spa Treatments: Enjoy a facial and restorative massage at Spa Aiyana throughout the weekend.
- Hilltop Meet: Interact with members of The Ranch’s herd, from Huacaya Alpacas to Swiss Saanen goats.
- Harnessing Horsepower (facilitated by Sēfari): Explore the emotional intelligence of horses through creative writing and equine therapy, led by by licensed therapist, Robert G. Magnelli, Ph.D. (also known as “The Horseman”).
- Horseshoe Loop Guided Hike: A leisurely, family-friendly walk with stunning views of The Ranch.
- Paint with the Earth (facilitated by Sēfari): Unleash your inner vision as you learn to work with nature.
Winter Celestial Cycle and New Year Intention Setting
Travelers are welcomed to Sedona’s award winning destination spa Mii amo – set within the red rock of famed Boynton Canyon (known as one of Sedona’s Vortex centers) where the energy is most balanced to offer guests a nurturing and majestic feeling. Reopened in February 2023 following a $40 million renewal, Mii amo has spent the last 20 years inspiring guests to Journey within, find connection with nature and immerse themselves in wellbeing, offering 3, 4, 7 or 10-night all inclusive Journeys with daily classes and curated itineraries created in tandem with a Journey Guide.
- Winter Celestial Cycles (all 75 minutes) - available through Feb. 28: Tailored to express each season and its cycle, this menu of services offers comfort and guidance on each journey through the four seasons. Each treatment draws on the color, element, and unique qualities of its cycle to provide a connection between yourself and the natural flow of the world around you. Winter offerings include: Centered-in-Wisdom Facial; Going within Meditation and Reflection Massage
- Spirit of the New Moon Manifestation (75 minutes): For the true manifestor, align a Journey arrival to the New Moon on January 11, a powerful time to invite in wishes and desires for life. In this ceremony, a practitioner guides you through a grounding and reflective footbath, the penning of your intention, and a full body massage in which geranium and pine oil are used to open your mind and expand your energy level. When finished, Mii amo holds on to your written intention for one lunar cycle and on the following new moon it is buried in the Canyon where it composts into the powerful and grounding earth.
- Hiking under the Stars (typically 2.5 hours): Curated through Enchantment Resort's Trail House (sister property of Mii amo on same grounds), experience the wonder of the star-lit cliffs of the red rock district. Hike beneath Sedona's (a dark sky community) breathtaking dark sky and see the Milky Way´s sparkling band paired with an expert to guide your through this private experience. Be sure to mention interest in a canyon "bathing" experience and the Trail House will pair you with a private guide who can lead a mid-hike meditation under the stars.
Rancho La Puerta
Baja California, MX
Where better to kick off your New Year’s resolutions than an all-inclusive wellness retrea like Rancho La Puerta, the original fitness resort and spa in North America? One of the most unique things about Rancho La Puerta is how it offers specialty weeks year-round, featuring visiting guest speakers, talented performers and workshop leaders—authors, politicians, musicians, artists, MDs and other leaders in their fields. Below, I have outlined some of the Specialty Weeks in early 2024 for your consideration in any travel and wellness stories you might be working on for where to go in the New Year, including a BURN Bootcamp with Tony Lattimore and Qigong Healing with Samuel Barnes, the founder of Qigong Institute in Beverly Hills
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.