On Sunday, August 9 at 5:00PM PST, Wella hosted the 2020 Beauty Envision Awards on the Wella Education Facebook page. During the award ceremony, Wella announced 12 winners, after narrowing down more than 3,000 entries, 120 semi-finalists and 36 finalists.
The Beauty Envision Awards is a competition for salon professionals who are ready to unleash their creativity and envision the next era of beauty. Designed for the visionaries ready to influence the industry, this competition challenges professionals to find inspiration through uncertainty, shatter standards, and envision the next era of beauty — all while giving back to salon professionals in need.
This year, the Beauty Envision Awards served as a culmination of Wella’s efforts to support salon professionals and their clients and to celebrate these artists’ resilience and artistry and was planned to be held in Las Vegas. In extreme caution we repurposed the live event to a virtual format and reallocated the savings to the Professional Beauty Association COVID-19 Relief Fund and The Loveland Foundation via the Fractured Not Broken fundraiser on July 12, 2020.
This year’s judging panel of top industry professionals included:
- Patricia Nikole, Painted Hair founder and Wella Professionals Brand Ambassador @paintedhair
- Gerard Scarpaci, Craft Hairdresser and Hairbrained Co-founder @gerardscarpaci
- Bill Rowley, Canadian Hairstylist and Broadcast personality @billrowleystyle
- Candy Shaw, Balayage Expert and Salon Owner (Jamison Shaw Hairdressers, Atlanta) @thebalaylama
- Jenny Bui, “Queen of Bling”, Celebrity Nail Artist @nailson7th
“Fractured Not Broken was the perfect theme for this year’s 2020 BEA Awards. As a judge, my goal was to try to dive into each unique understanding of the artist interpretation. This year’s entries did not disappoint. Their artistry inspired me not only with color, texture and flavor... I was mesmerized by their ability to capture beauty in today’s climate and ignite hope.” said Judge Candy Shaw.
Here are the 2020 Beauty Envision Awards winners:
- NEW “Natural Texture Artist” sponsored by Clairol Professional, #ClairolPro2020BEA
- Akela Douglass, @akelashairstudio,
- US and PR “Color Artist of the Year” sponsored by Wella Professionals,#usWella2020BEA
- Emma Hancock, @masterpiecehair,
- Canadian “Color Artist of the Year” sponsored by Wella Professionals,#caWella2020BEA
- Lauren Wilde, @wildehairday,
- “Editorial Artist” sponsored by ghd, #ghd2020BEA
- “Creative Artist” sponsored by Sebastian Professional, #Sebastian2020BEA
- Keisha Mines, @keishamines,
- “Men’s Artist” sponsored by SebMan, #SebMan2020BEA
- Rafael Ortiz, @rafaelortizhairacademy,
- “Total Transformation” sponsored by Kadus Professional, #Kadus2020BEA
- Danny Lozada, @dannylozadahair,
- “Bridal Hair Artist” sponsored by NIOXIN, #Nioxin2020BEA
- Angelica Mirela Tanta, @angelicaromanianhairstylist,
- “Nail Artist” sponsored by OPI, #OPI2020BEA
- “FUTURE STAR” #FutureStar2020BEA
- Kenzie Wolf, @cutsbykenz,
- “Elite Artist” #Elite2020BEA
- Serena Russell, @serenascissorhands,
- “Salon Team” #SalonTeam2020BEA
- Valvano Salon, @valvanosalon,
The winner of each category will receive:
- $5,000 Visa gift card
- Pro products from ProfessionalStore.com
Additionally, winners of the Wella “Color Artist of the Year” will qualify to participate and compete International TrendVision Creative Retreat in 2021.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
Originally posted on Modern Salon