We have all had that moment in the morning where we have no idea what to wear for the day - and let's admit it, staying fashionable can be hard work!
As a beauty professional, your clients look to you as an authority in fashion and trends, so it's important that you bring your A-game every day. Trends come and go, and as we get older it's important to keep up.
Mature stylists can look as relevant and fashionable in the salon as their twenty-something colleagues by following a few fashion rules. "I like to keep my staples classic," says Tracy Quattropani, owner of Tracy & Company Salon in Kensington, Connecticut. "Quality clothes that fit properly are worth the investment and can make all the difference to your look."
Here, MODERN Blogger Jenny Gordon provides us with these 10 fashion commandments that will make an immediate difference:
1. Don't go too short or tight: If you're uncomfortable, chances are you don't look stylish.
2. Choose solids: Prints -- especially animal prints -- can be aging.
3. Think "Jackie O" simplicity: A black cashmere sweater never goes out of fashion.
4. Build your core: A small core collection of sweaters, trousers and jackets goes farther than a closet stuffed with lesser pieces.
5. Resist gilding the lily: It's the earrings or the necklace, not both.
6. Draw your silhouette: Remember that leggings suit only a small percentage of the population. A well-cut pair of trousers is your mainstay.
7. Delete the tee: Tee shirts sporting written messages send the wrong message.
8. Don't label yourself: A pile-up of designer labels can look lethal.
9. Find the color key: Leave neon colors to the teens. Black, navy, white, khaki are your color base.
10. Don't forget your handbag: Accessories should be classic and simple.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
Originally posted on Modern Salon