Garren, celebrity hairstylist and co-founder of R+Co, used products from R+Co BLEU — R+Co’s fully-sustainable, couture-caliber sister collection — to create the underwater-inspired looks for the Anna Sui Spring/Summer 2024 show.
“The collection’s theme is all about aquatics and the ocean, saving the ocean, and all the beautiful things that are underwater. The colors of blue and green, the glittering colors of the fish. Fantasy mermaid was the inspiration for the hair. I wanted it to be fluid and close to the head, like a mermaid that had just come out of the water, but not too wet.”
— Garren, Co-Founder, R+Co
R+Co BLEU products were used to create a variety of “mermaid-core” styles for the show.
How to Get the Look
- Wash and condition hair with De Luxe Reparative Shampoo + Conditioner ($59 each).
- For models with wavy hair, work Rebounce Natural Texture & Curl Defining Crème ($68) throughout hair. For those with straight hair, spritz Essential Hair Tonic ($55) and work through hair until dry.
- Section by section using a small curling wand, curl large sections of the hair around the wand for a nice, deep wave. Go layer by layer and do not touch the curls or pull through.
- Part hair down the middle and tuck behind the ears. Apply Optical Illusion Smoothing Oil ($66) hair by swiping it through the sides of the hair and the top to give the slight illusion of wetness, but still separated and piecey.
- For the shorter bobbed curl with finger waves, use Surreal Styling Serum ($70) and apply close to the head parting in the middle, with a deep part. This makes the look tight and slick, perfect for short styles.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
Originally posted on Modern Salon