Redken Artist Connection (RAC) Worldwide 2020 kicked off Sunday, January 5 at the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach, Florida. The bi-annual, three-day conference brings the Redken Tribe together and to ground our artists in the latest trends, services and product innovations so they can better serve our salons partners and clients alike.
More than 900 artists, brand ambassadors, educators, and professional influencers learned about industry trends, techniques, and product launches—more on that later—from the brand and top Redken Artists, including Sam Villa, Ruth Roche, and Chris Baran.
“We’re so excited for this year’s RAC! RAC is a powerful, one-of-a-kind event that brings the global Redken Artist Network together for an immersive experience where we share new brand innovations, inspire each other and challenge ourselves to learn and grow,” says Suzanne Sturm, VP of Redken Education, US. “The theme of Redken Education – ‘Learn Better, Earn Better, Live Best’ – will resonate throughout RAC 2020, with classes and seminars focused on bettering the beauty professional through best-in-class education, business guidance, social media and personal growth.”
RAC kicked off Sunday night with its Grand Opening celebration with the theme of “We Are Redken,” a nod to the diversity of the Redken Tribe around the world. The runway show was divided into three segments: blonding, texture, and neon colored headpieces made of zip-ties.
On Monday, attendees rotated between skill training breakout sessions focused on hair color, design, and finishing.
Tuesday sharpened attendees’ facilitation skills with sessions led by Sheri Doss, Jason Everett, Johnny Stellato, Dhaniel Doud and Blair Singer. New this year to Redken education is a larger focus on personal branding and social media skills.
“Today, salon professionals are looking for various opportunities to perfect their craft,” says Doss, Vice President, Education Worldwide for Redken. “The Redken Artist segmentation was developed 20 years ago, and it’s time for us to modernize by creating multiple points of certification, allowing artists to curate their own customizable journey online and offline vs. going through a linear path. The needs of today’s stylists have shifted, with clients expecting their salon professional to have an online presence. The artist training will involve an upskilling in all digital channels, including social media certifications to help ensure that artists learn better so that they can earn better so that they live their very best life. We need to ensure that our artist network is upskilled not only offline, but that they are also experts in delivering education in all formats.”
With the commencement of RAC Worldwide 2020, Redken looks forward to a year of continued innovation and industry leadership. Redken will continue to support the professional stylist community with superior product innovation and world-class education.
Preview of 2020 Launches
The Redken Gallerie onsite spotlighted Redken’s new 2020 launches and innovations. While we can’t reveal details just yet, here are some things you can expect (and get excited about!).
- Redken is helping stylists “blonde responsibly” in groundbreaking new delivery systems within its lightening portfolio and the tools to give clients their coolest tones yet, thanks to new shade families and pigmented color care ranges.
- The Shades EQ family will continue to grow in 2020 with new shades designed to create customized color and on-trend looks.
- Committed to helping stylists expand their skillsets and service clientele with all hair types and textures confidently through product, content, and education, Redken is teaming up with its sister brand Mizani for an exciting partnership.
- Redken is expanding its prescriptive haircare ranges to meet a wider variety of hair concerns, allowing colorists and stylists to prescribe the perfect take-home component to any in-salon service.
- Redken Brews is expanding its Color Camo and pomade ranges for men of all ages.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
Originally posted on Modern Salon