Colortrak's Spongelights are reusable sponges that allow for flexible hair color saturation, by applying as little or as much pressure as needed.
Spongelights are lightweight and soft, but sturdy enough to make back-blending a breeze. They are washable and reusable, and come in a pack of four.
Here's a short how-to tutorial featuring Colortrak's Artistic and Technical Director, Olivia Smalley, @OMGArtistry.
Formula: Highlights: Kenra simply blonde + 20 Volume on Roots
Low Lights: Redken Shades EQ 8N
Kenra Simply Blondes + 30 Vol + Olaplex with Spongelights
1. Colortrak Spongelight's Applicator is a reusable sponge that allows for flexible hair color saturation.
2. Spongelight saves time with quick application and you can grab larger quantities of hair.
3. Softer looking blend for the ‘Sunkissed Balayage’ feathered look, great for clients that don’t want to commit to the blonde upkeep.
How to use it:
1. Mix color and developer.
2. Using your Colortrak Balayage Board as a palette, lightly begin applying the color cream with your Spongelight Applicator towards the tops/near the roots, and apply more pressure as you move from the mid-length to ends for full saturation.
3. Add in a few foils for dimension/that ‘rooty’ blonde look.
4. Rinse and style, and there you have it – sunkissed balayage.
For more information visit www.colortrak.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
Originally posted on Modern Salon