Bumble and bumble has revamped its flagship Meatpacking District Salon and celebrated recently with a soft opening. This is the first renovation for the downtown location since welcoming its first customers in 2001.
“This is a collaborative space where creativity and expertise flourishes,” said Zach Rieken, Bumble and bumble Global General Manager. “Clients and stylists will enjoy a modernized salon experience that they won’t find elsewhere.”
The new state-of-the-art space, led by architectural firm Design Republic, features interactive retail technology, express services, and enhanced educational experiences. The immersive space uses experiential merchandising to keep both consumers and professionals engaged from check-in to check-out.
“Our priority was preserving our current salon’s boutique energy – while also, elevating, and enriching the client experience at every touchpoint,” said Steven O’Neal, Bumble and bumble Executive Director of Salon Operations and Development. “The result is a fresh environment that still exudes Bumble’s signature cheek.”
For the consumer, the experience is an EXPERIENCE. Some of the new features include:
• Express Services: Offerings include on-the-go blow dries, braids, and ponies.
• Personalized Lessons: DIY enthusiasts can book Style Tutorials with expert stylists, which focus on everything from product knowledge to creating salon-worthy blow dries at home.
• Artisanal Lighting System: Provides controlled, natural lighting for salon stations, selfie-booths, changing rooms, and makeup application.
• Integrated PERCH Retail Technology: This futuristic and dynamic platform will be integrated into salon shelving – triggering digital reviews and how-to content with a single touch.
• Outdoor Space: A 2,000 square foot terrace, complete with a garden and lounge area, serves as a casual gathering space for clientele and neighborhood friends.
For the professional, the new space is made more interesting with the shared space. Bb.University’s hands-on space has merged with the salon, so students will learn alongside Bb.Stylists in an intimate salon environment. “For over 15 years, our Educators have remained the most sought-after in the industry,” said Kathy Lewis, Vice President of Global Education, Operations and Artistry. “We remain focused on continuously evolving our education so that it’s not only relevant – but essential – for stylists everywhere.”
The new Bb.Salon MEATPACKING is located at 415 W 13th Street, 6th Floor.
Take a tour of the space from Steven O'Neal, Bumble and bumble Executive Director of Salon Operations and Development:
Originally posted on Modern Salon