You’ve got your clients hooked on your hair, skin and body products, now what? Here are a few fun extras to add to your retail section that will entice teens to spend.
• Hair accessories—headbands, barretts, rhinestone bobby pins, bandanas, ribbons and more—the options are endless.
• Jewelry—chunky necklaces, beaded bracelets, cocktail rings, brooches and hoops are all teen favorites. Make sure you differentiate your merchandise. If they can find it at Target, it’s not going to be as big of a lure.
• Hats—go with whatever is in trend: floppy beach hats, bright visors or cute ballcaps.
• Make-up—teens and older clients alike will flock to your make-up bar after a haircut or facial to finish their look. Don’t forget to include fun glosses and bright polishes.
• Seasonal accessories—From flip flops and sunglasses to mittens and scarves, you can bank on teens’ tendency to impulse buy for the season.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.