As gardeners know, the best flowers bloom from fertile soil. And as stylists know, the most beautiful hair grows from a healthy scalp.
In the following two exclusive videos, MODERN hears from René Furterer educator and ambassador, Charles "Chuck" Hezekiah, on how thinning hair and hair loss can be treated by creating the optimal conditions on the scalp.
Help for Thinning Hair
René Furterer, a French hairstylist and pioneer in the field of hair care, is credited with introducing the concept of scalp treatments to the world of hair care. His approach focused on understanding the specific needs of the scalp and addressing any issues that could impact the health and vitality of the hair.
His philosophy laid the foundation for the development of a range of hair care products that not only cleansed and styled but also treated and nourished the hair and scalp. The brand's products offer a holistic approach, working together to address, treat, and support.
Here, Hezekiah offers an overview to thinning hair concerns, and to products that promote thicker, healthier hair.
In this first interview, you'll hear Hezekiah talk about:
- Why more stylists report they are seeing clients presenting with scalp and thinning hair issues.
- Hair loss happens at any age.
- The two types of thinning hair concerns--reactional thinning and progressive thinning.
- How to educate clients on the underlying causes of progressive, hereditary thinning hair and how to treat with botanical extracts, essential oils and vitamins. (Products include COMPLEXE 5 stimulating plant extract, NEW TRIPHASIC strengthening shampoo, NEW TRIPHASIC PROGRESSIVE concentrated serum, and VITALFAN PROGRESSIVE dietary supplement.)
- How to bring Triphasic into a service menu.
- How René Furterer plays well with other products.
The Root of the Problem
René Furterer has a wide variety of drug-free products to promote scalp health and hair growth, but for those who are struggling with thinning hair, there are two recommended regimens: Triphasic Reactional and Triphasic Progressive.
Triphasic Reactional is for women and men who experience sudden, temporary hair thinning caused by stress, dietary imbalance, postpartum hair loss or other factors. Triphasic Reactional Concentrated Serum helps encourage stronger, healthier-looking hair by maximizing the scalp’s nutrient intake, creating an optimal environment for the hair.
Triphasic Progressive is recommended when clients communicate a slow and steady hair loss that has been going on more than six months: it’s most likely long-term, progressive hair loss.
In this second interview, we ask Hezekiah...
- Chuck, can you share what consultation questions you would ask so you can determine if your client is experiencing reactional thinning hair or progressive thinning hair?
- Could you walk us through application of the serums and the system?
- And what are the home care products the client will take away?
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
Originally posted on Modern Salon