While the holiday season is traditionally a big one for salons, there are ways that owners can ensure 2019 is the best season yet. Eufora Brand Manager, Doug Smith, has put together six component every salon owner should put into place to create a dream holiday campaign.
- A festive salon space:
- Space plan first: Holiday spotlight areas should be identified, and a basic planogram created, before the decorating party gets started. Strategically placed décor – tasteful displays, holiday graphics, beverage stations and scents of the season – are all essential to a warm and welcoming space that invites exploration.
- Avoid clutter: Decorations don’t guarantee revenue. If too overdone, guests may feel overwhelmed. The golden rule for retail is 80% giftables, 20% décor.
- Great giftables:
- A well-appointed selection of giftables is fun to explore and invites guests to stay and shop. Testers are a must, clever signage should spark a need or want and grab-and-go options are great for those who are gift wrap challenged.
- No salon holiday setup is complete without the ever-popular stocking stuffer section. Stocking stuffers are the NUMBER ONE impulse item so be sure to stock up.
- A seasonal service:
- A Eufora Scensory Salon Ritual will provide a break from the frantic holiday pace. Essential oils diffusing, paired with candles strategically placed in the salon, will not only create an instant attitude adjustment for guests, they are also great gift inspiration.
- With so many after work gatherings on the calendar, this is your opportunity to become a girl’s BFF when you offer a killer express updo, transforming her from business beauty to glam queen in under 30 minutes.
- A strategic social campaign:
- Customize a consistent theme that fits your salon culture, then create a full schedule of posts to carry through the season.
- Provide useable information such as clever gift ideas and holiday hair styling tips.
- Don’t forget to encourage in-salon guest selfies, then share all that great holiday hair. A fabulous social testimonial is priceless.
- A kick-off to the season:
- Once the first four items are checked off, you’re ready to host your own holiday gathering. Make sure salon team members mix and mingle with guests to share seasonal styling expertise and encourage shopping exploration.
- Nothing sparks holiday hair bookings better than having your salon team party-ready themselves… wearing their own best work and ready to decorate the salon with a few models to spark guest conversation.
- A little personalization:
- Even when the salon is busiest, it is critical to remember that every touchpoint creates a memory and each should be magical.
- A handwritten holiday greeting card, a little pampering or a chance to create their own essential oil blend are all things that leave a lasting impression.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
Originally posted on Modern Salon