On March 24, Henkel, the parent company of Sexy Hair, Pravana, Schwarzkopf Professional, Guy Tang #Mydentity, Alterna, Joico and Kenra, announced a comprehensive global solidarity program to support employees, customers and communities facing the global COVID-19 pandemic. The program consists of:
- Donation to WHO/UN Foundation fund and other organizations: An amount of 2 million euros will be donated to different funds and organizations to help fight the pandemic. The Fritz Henkel Foundation will donate 1 million euros directly to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund launched by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations (UN) Foundation. This donation will help to provide protective equipment for frontline health workers, equip diagnostic laboratories, improve data collection and analysis, establish and maintain intensive care units as well as to accelerate research and development of potential vaccines and therapeutics. Another 1 million euros will be distributed by the Fritz Henkel Foundation globally to different organizations and partners as well as to support the personal commitment and voluntary engagement of employees fighting the crisis.
- Donation of personal and household hygiene products: Henkel will also donate 5 million units of personal and household hygiene products globally. This includes hand sanitizers, soaps and protective equipment as well as detergents, disinfectants and other household cleaning products. Henkel’s corporate citizenship team will implement these donations in close coordination with charity organizations, local authorities and partners around the world.
- Shifting production facilities to produce disinfectants: In addition, Henkel plans to produce disinfectants in selected production sites. The products are intended to help public institutions and professional groups in the fight against the coronavirus.
- Improved payment terms for selected business partners: Henkel will also consider improved payment terms for small and mid-sized hairdressers to support them during the current challenging situation.
- Ongoing crisis management and safety measures for employees: Since the onset of the crisis, Henkel has addressed the situation proactively through its crisis management teams on country, regional and global level. The primary objective of the crisis management is to do everything possible to ensure the safety of employees, customers and business partners and to maintain operations under these challenging circumstances.
“At Henkel, we are committed to help addressing this unprecedented challenge. In line with our values, we want to make a contribution through a comprehensive global solidarity program,” said Carsten Knobel, Chief Executive Officer of Henkel. “We stand united in our fight against the pandemic, striving to protect our employees and their jobs, serving our customers and supporting the communities in which we operate.”
“I would also like to thank our global and local crisis teams which have been active since the coronavirus began to spread in China. For our employees who continue to work on site to maintain our operations we have taken extra measures to reduce infection risks. For example, strict protocols in case of suspected infections, increased hygiene, separating shifts and reducing the number of employees working on site by requesting home office work wherever possible.”
Henkel operates globally with a well-balanced and diversified portfolio. The company holds leading positions with its three business units in both industrial and consumer businesses thanks to strong brands, innovations and technologies. Henkel Adhesive Technologies is the global leader in the adhesives market – across all industry segments worldwide. In its Laundry & Home Care and Beauty Care businesses, Henkel holds leading positions in many markets and categories around the world. Founded in 1876, Henkel looks back on more than 140 years of success. In 2019, Henkel reported sales of around 20 billion euros and adjusted operating profit of around 3.2 billion euros. Henkel employs around 52,000 people globally – a passionate and highly diverse team, united by a strong company culture, a common purpose to create sustainable value, and shared values. As a recognized leader in sustainability, Henkel holds top positions in many international indices and rankings. Henkel’s preferred shares are listed in the German stock index DAX. For more information, please visit www.henkel.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
Originally posted on Modern Salon