TJ Griggs, owner of Salon West in Santa Rosa, California believes, “The actions of one, have the power to change the world.” She and her team ensure every client has a marvelous experience by providing simple courtesies from complimentary beverages and WiFi to larger efforts including pro bono hair services for cancer survivors and a comprehensive bridal program.
“Our most valuable asset is our listening skills to clarify expectations…that, and state of the art tools to elevate everything we do so brides feel comfortable and special,” says Griggs.
- Beauty Bridal Team Leader – One contact person to streamline beauty services for the bride and her party. The team leader explains services and scheduling, what to expect at appointments and day of wedding, pricing and payment, and follow up. It’s an added benefit to help brides enjoy the experience more.
- Complimentary 15 Consultation – A meet and greet with the beauty team to see if the chemistry is there and if the atmosphere and environment is a good fit. Instilling comfort and trust with brides help their decision-making processes.
- Full-Service Beauty - Cut, color, makeup, styling, manicure, pedicure, brow waxing, lash/brow tinting, lash extensions and airbrush tanning – everything a bride and her party need to look beautiful on the wedding day is available in one location for convenience
“Each of our services is backed by knowledge and advanced education and that’s very important in the bridal market where there is no room for error,” adds Griggs.
- SpectraLights L14 Light Platform with Freestylist Support Systems – Over each station for beautiful even lighting to show true hair/makeup color, and eliminate shadows. The light platform’s finish can be customized to complement any salon décor and can be mounted directly against the ceiling. “We do a lot of outdoor weddings and SpectraLights is as good as sunlight - a true life representation of the makeup application and hair color, so we don’t need to walk guests outside to view and debate,” explains Griggs. “And with so many larger bridal parties, the Freestylist allows us to work on multiple people in a bridal party at once – nails can be done while -more- hair is being dried which saves everyone time. Plus, there is so much less fatigue on the stylist’s part from not having to hold the weight of the blow dryer.”
- Airbrush Makeup Applicators - Customized color applied in a light even blended manner so it translates well for photos. For outdoor weddings where makeup needs to be flawless, this machine allows for a very light matte finish coating of foundation that is very natural looking and fairly moisture resistant.
- Airbrush Tanning - Offered for all members of the bridal party to get rid of tan lines and add a little glow – it can be customized from a “barely there” glow to very dark. It’s applied by a professional that avoids areas that tend to get too dark, such as the knees and feet. “Having state-of-the-art tools definitely sets our bridal business apart from others in our area, so we are always on the lookout for new and amazing technology to drive our business forward,” she adds.
“Having state-of-the-art tools definitely sets our bridal business apart from others in our area, so we are always on the lookout for new and amazing technology to drive our business forward,” she adds.
About Freestyle Systems: Freestyle Systems is the world’s only provider of weightless, patented, health-conscious blow drying solutions for salons and spas. Their products elevate décor, aesthetics and function, as well as provide health-first solutions to problems that can threaten stylists’ careers and impact the air quality in the salon. The Freestylist Support System is the world's first and only weightless blow drying system available with a vented platform to remove harmful air particles. Thousands of stylists rely on it to reduce repetitive stress injuries, eliminate cord tangles and optimize blow drying efficiency for longer healthier careers. See it in action! Available now with a vented platform featuring a quiet 250 CFM fan to purify air and expel chemicals, allergens and odors from services such as color, perms and keratin treatments. Contact Freestyle Stystems at 888-22-STYLE or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.