The new Add-Ons feature in the Booksy Biz mobile app helps service providers upsell their clients, resulting in increased sales. 
 -

The new Add-Ons feature in the Booksy Biz mobile app helps service providers upsell their clients, resulting in increased sales. 

Booksy, a leader in booking and business technology for the beauty industry, has just launched their new Add-ons feature to their award-winning app, giving stylists, barbers and other beauty professioanls another way to grow their businesses, and their revenues. During the booking process, the new Booksy Add-ons feature allows service providers to showcase additional menu options to their customers. This helps them upsell services, increase revenue, and delivers added value to end customers.

What are Add-ons?

Add-ons are booked alongside an existing service to create a more unique experience. Examples include adding nail art or gel polish to a manicure, using premium products during a shampoo, using hot stones during a massage. Top sectors that use Add-ons to increase their overall profits are barbers, hair, and nails. Like many Booksy features, Add-ons are entirely customizable by the beauty professional and/or salon, barbershop, nail spa or other.

How Add-Ons Increase Your Revenue Potential

As of today, over 6,000 Booksy providers are using Add-ons to expand and upsell their service offerings. And it’s working:

  • Booksy data shows, for example, all Providers using the Add-ons feature today, the revenue from Add-ons makes up about 20% of total Service value while revenue from existing Services makes up the other 80%.
  • Since Add-ons became available to Booksy Providers and clients, the weekly average appointment value increased by over 70%.
  • Currently, 56% of appointments booked with Add-ons are bookings made on the Boosky for Customers App – the easy-to-use consumer app that allows for simple booking for any beauty service. This indicates that customers are loving the newest feature too and are more likely to enhance their services when presented with a list of Add-ons upon booking.

“I am so happy with the new Add-ons feature and my business has significantly grown since I started using it. I specialize in body waxing and in the past my clients would normally book one service through Booksy. I have experienced a huge increase with people booking additional services regularly and my revenue has absolutely increased as a result. People simply didn’t know all the options available to them and now those options and Add-ons are highlighted at the time of booking. The Add-ons feature has truly simplified the upsell process, saved me time, and benefited my business in so many ways. I highly recommend it,” commented Jess Oehler, owner of Ritual Wax Studio in San Antonio, TX.

Get discovered and get booked using Booksy. Download the Booksy Biz mobile app for free or visit Booksy.com/biz to learn more.

About Booksy: Booksy is a cloud-based appointment booking solution for hairstylists, colorists, barbers, nail artists, estheticians, massage therapists, salons, barbershops, spas and more. It offers appointment scheduling, calendar management, payment processing, and built-in marketing tools. The business app, Booksy Biz, is available on mobile, tablet, and via any web browser. For booking appointments clients can use Booksy for Customers app on their mobile device. Support platforms include Android and iOS.

For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.