By Neil Ducoff
I made the decision three years ago to write this book. It was a simple decision because I have seen the damage that compromise can inflict not just on a business, but on its leaders, employees, families, vendors and all those who depend on it. Like it or not, believe it or not, compromise is a choice. Because it is a choice, any individual can also choose to become a no-compromise leader.
Your transition to no-compromise leadership will not happen overnight. It’s going to be an ongoing process of personal leadership discovery and skill development. You get better at it the more and harder you work at it.
Something is different when, without condition and an open mind, you install a no-compromise operating system to guide your leadership thinking and behavior.
• Your sense of purpose is focused and sharp and you know what needs to be done.
• You tackle pressing issues that you would ordinarily keep on the back burner, where they fester and grow.
• You are more decisive with your communication and how you relate to those you lead.
• Those around you can sense that you are engaged and leading, not dictating.
• You listen with a heightened sense of interest and make better decisions because you get all the facts and details.
All of this no-compromise material is going to produce measurable results in your salon’s performance.
• Revenues are up and costs are down.
• Consistency is evident throughout the company.
• Customer satisfaction and loyalty is up.
• Your leaders and employees are engaged in growing the company. They feel empowered because you have empowered them.
• Change initiatives move more smoothly without the once common internal resistance.
Your personal mandate to become a no-compromise leader will force you to engage when, in your previous thinking and behavior mode, you would have taken a detour to avoid a tough conversation, decision or task that’s outside of your comfort zone. No-compromise leaders stand on the higher ground of discipline and accountability.
You can order a signed copy of No-Compromise Leadership at www.nocompromiseleadership.com. For all other orders, go to amazon.com, borders.com or barnesandnoble.com.
Neil Ducoff is the founder and CEO of Strategies, a business training and coaching company specializing in the salon and spa industry. During his 38 years as a business trainer, coach, keynote speaker and author, Ducoff gained respect as the guru of team-based compensation. Ducoff is the author of Fast Forward, the definitive business resource book for salons and spas. For more information, go to www.strategies.com or e-mail email@example.com.