After the holiday season though, we'll be shifting our focus to our other landmark competition, SALONS OF THE YEAR. Open to salons and spas who've renovated their old facility or built a new one in 2009, the competition selects and showcases the year's best in salon and spa design. As always, we'll be devoting our entire June 2010 issue to salon decor and spa design, giving our readers virtual tours of the best-looking spaces in the country. In addition to photos of our honored salons, the issue promises to be packed with design facts and figures, great decor ideas and trend predictions.
- Your salon or spa must open or complete a remodel between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2009.
- You must label and submit 10, high-resolution digital photos on a CD that showcases key elements of the salon's decor.
- You complete the SALONS OF THE YEAR 2010 application (it can be downloaded from salontoday.com) and mail it with artwork and essay response and grant MODERN SALON Media permission to edit and publish information and artwork.
- Your entry is postmarked no later than February 1, 2010.
- And, you submit a check for the $60 processing fee.
Stacey Soble has been involved in the conversation of salon business for 14 yearsâas a reporter, a consultant and as the editor in chief of SALON TODAY.