Artist Session: Influencer Series
You’re invited to MODERN SALON’s second Artist Session: Influencer Series! As a member of MODERN SALON’s Artist Connective, our goal is for you to get noticed by the world of professional beauty, and in turn, watch your career grow. To celebrate your talent and artistry, we’re inviting a handful of some of our favorite influential colorists and stylists to meet us in New York City to show off your signature work and to join together in creative collaboration.
We will your skills through Instagram Stories, livestream and more—resulting in a professional photoshoot that will be featured on the pages of MODERN SALON, and will help you get some killer content for your own social pages. Your work will be showcased in our August Game Changers issue that features the 2019 class of the MODERN SALON 100.
Want to know more?
WHO: YOU… and a handful of other amazing stylists we’ve met through Instagram. You were hand-picked by MODERN editors as an artist we couldn’t imagine having this event without. We hope you can meet us in New York City for this exclusive opportunity.
WHAT: A two-day creative collaboration of education, networking, creating beautiful hair and capturing it all on video and in a professional photoshoot to appear in MODERN SALON magazine and across social channels.
WHERE: Eva Scrivo’s flagship salon, 139 Fifth Ave., NYC in the Flatiron district
WHEN: June 30-July 1, 2019. We will start around 10 a.m. Sunday morning and end Monday evening by 6 p.m.
DAY 1: We will kick off our two-day event with education from influential stylists, colorists and industry experts. Be prepared to GET INSPIRED! We’ll close the day with some awesome surprises.
DAY 2: Now we bring our artists, models, photography and master skills together. You bring your expertise, and we provide professional makeup artistry, lighting, and our photography team of masters. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Be prepared for incredible interview opportunities (on camera and for the magazine) with the editors of MODERN SALON, and for hands-on experience working on-set with MODERN SALON’s expert photoshoot team.
To confirm your spot at MODERN SALON’s Artist Session: Influencer Series, send Editor in Chief Alison Alhamed (Alison.email@example.com) your flight confirmation. To help you enjoy your NYC experience, MODERN is going to gift you $300.
1. WHEN DO I NEED TO CONFIRM MY ATTENDANCE? ASAP! We have very limited space for this creative session. The sooner we hear back from you, the sooner we can confirm your spot! Please confirm your attendance in one week from receiving this invite, and send your flight confirmation by May 15, 2019.
If we do not hear from you, we will need to open up your spot to another attendee. Please confirm your spot, send your flight confirmation to Alison.Alhamed@bobit.com to make sure you don’t miss out, and so we can fine-tune logistics.
2. CAN I BRING SOMEONE? MODERN SALON editors carefully curated the invite list. You will likely be familiar with some of the names on our guest list, but this invitation is meant for you and exclusively you. Sorry, no assistants.
3. WHAT SHOULD I BRING? A full battery on your camera and phone! Both days will be packed with opportunities for content, content and more content! And, lots of incredible education. Great Lengths is hooking you up with their tape-in extensions that will take our models to the next level (YES, you can color these extensions!). We will be working closely with a styling line, so leave the hairspray at home. Bring your favorite lightener, color and developer with you—we’ll provide all the bowls, brushes, foils, cellophane, gloves, etc.
4 MODEL: Here’s our recommendation for getting a model: post an open casting call on your social media pages, ask to send a photo of their current hair, hair must be in good condition. We ask that all models wear black! NOTE: Models will only be needed for Day 2 (July 1, 2019). We’ll be developing dream teams of colorist/stylist. Please collaborate with your stylist partner for your model
5. WHEN SHOULD I PLAN TO ARRIVE AND LEAVE? We start Sunday morning promptly at 10 a.m., and we’re hoping to be totally wrapped with our photoshoot by Monday 6:00 p.m.
6. WHERE DO YOU RECOMMEND STAYING? The salon is located at 139 Fifth Avenue, in the Flatiron District of New York City. If you would like to be paired with a roommate, just say the word. You are more than welcome to book at your favorite hotel nearby, but here are a couple suggestions within walking distance:
- W New York—Union Square: $309/night; .3 mile from the salon
- Hampton Inn Manhattan-Chelsea: $148/night; .4 mile from the salon
View this post on Instagram
This recap of our NYC Artist Session Influencer Series is making me all sorts of itchy to do it again!! — Instagram has been AMAZING for us to build connections, foster real relationships and reignite industry passion. There are SO many people we wanted to invite to our ARTIST SESSION: INFLUENCER SERIES at @collectiveplusartists—we were limited with space so we will def repeat! Each artist with us has such a strong place in the MODERN family. @shelleygregoryhair when I first saw your work at 300 followers (PSL!) I knew you’d be big-time (ðŸ‘‹ðŸ¼100,000+!). @antestradahair Balayage & Boho friends for life! (Or free credit scoreðŸ˜‚) @heidimariegarrett, BEST BRIDAL STYLIST EVER! @hairbysaretta never forget calling you with Jamie to announce you won Braids & Brides (mayyy have cried). @noradababneh, bundt cake babe, so grateful for all you do with us. @stylistricardosantiago Remember our first Periscope interaction—you won my shirt! @hairbykatied bobby-pin Queen, how lucky that Jess brought us together ðŸ˜˜. @alexandralee1016, my obsession: ALL your work is just ðŸ¤¤. @braidedandblonde —we love you (before you went viral)! @hollydecastri you don’t know, but EVERY presentation Maggie & I give we talk about you. You are the ðŸ‘‘ of industry support. @jenniferlopiccolo_hair, your #playingwithpurple entries won my heart and I’ve been a super-fan ever since. @ay_grace, beauty school fave! @detrashalee ever since your first Artist Session the entire team is in love with you—thank you for all you do. @christopheraaronstudio SHS ‘03 hollaaa. I’m so glad you and Jamie connected (her hair has never looked better). @jessicascotthair one day I’ll make it to your hood for the best money pieces ever. @ufirami on NAILS! Omg!! And @sydneyannlopezhair MY HEART: without you, none of this would even be happening. Thank you for picking up the phone when you did xo. You have become a good friend, confidante, wing-woman and all-things awesome to team MODERN â¤ï¸ . And MAGGIE JAMIE BECKY THANK YOU for being our heart/eyes/arms/brain/etc so I can be home with my little. You guys are my heroes.xo THANK YOU @randco and @greatlengths for being our sponsors in what resulted in the COOLEST cover shoot ever!