10 Salon Marketing Tips to Make Halloween Profitable (and Fun!)
Heed these 10 tips to draw in new clients, promote special services and offer in-salon tricks and treats to foster community engagement this October 31st.
1. Trick or Treat: Any client who purchases a retail item on Halloween gets to pull a “treat” from the pumpkin. Treats can be percentages (10%, 15%, 20%) off services or sample size products.
2. Crazy for Costumes: Have your stylists dress up as their favorite movie star and then educate their clients on what products they used to get the look. Clients will clamor for the products so they can achieve the look, too!
3. The Great Pumpkin: Everyone’s loving the crisp fall leaves and smell of cider in the air. Take advantage and create a pumpkin- or apple-themed treatment your guests won’t be able to resist.
4. Halloween Bonus: For just this one special day, clients can receive a hair treatment at half price in addition to their hair cut or color. They’ll love it so much, next time they’ll be back to pay full price.
5. Candy Land: In addition to offering up your usual tea or water to clients, add hot cider and a bowl of candy corn to your menu.
6. Autumn Color: If you have a client that’s been resisting a new fall shade, today’s the day to get her on board with a new fall look. Offer a one-time discount to any client who gets color on Halloween.
7. Party Time: Have clients going to costume parties? Find out if they need help with their hair and get them into the salon for a Halloween updo. You may be doing the Bride of Frankenstein, but it’ll look great in your portfolio.
8. Just for Kids: Do you have a kid-friendly salon? If so, offer up small trick-or-treat bags filled with candy for the kids and special coupons and samples for mom to all kids who get a hair cut on Halloween.
9. Fright Night: Do the local businesses in your area participate in trick-or-treating? If so, don’t forget to include a flyer or coupon with your treat. Mom will be sorting through the candy later and will definitely appreciate the extra treat for her!
10. Staff Soiree: Too busy to party during the hectic Christmas season? Change your annual staff party to Halloween. Have employees get as creative as possible with their costumes and offer a paid day off to the best dressed.
Originally posted on Modern Salon.