New Facebook Feature Helps You Be Thankful
Less than a year ago our newsfeeds were swarming with everyone’s Look Back videos on Facebook. You know, the ones that made us laugh, cry and most importantly, took us on a trip down memory lane? Well, prepare yourself because Facebook is ready for their next sentimental experience.
Facebook knows it’s not always easy to tell a person how you feel, so they have recently presented their new ‘Say Thanks’ movement. Just in time for the Holiday season, the video campaign allows you to highlight Facebook moments with specific people to show your experiences together through a series of photos and messages.
Unlike the Look Back campaign that allowed you to generate only one video, Say Thanks will give Facebook users the chance to create one for every friend they have. The short clips are 30 seconds long and will show shared images pulled from both timelines. Set to music with sentimental commentary, it’s the perfect way to show how grateful you are during this Thanksgiving Holiday.
Want to ‘Say Thanks’ to your clients for their continued support, or maybe your top stylists for a job well done? We have you covered:
- Head over to Facebook to start creating your video.
- Select the user you want to create the video for:
- Designate a theme for the video based on your relationship with the recipient:
- Change any photos from what Facebook automatically chooses to what you would like to include in your clip. (Photos can be used from your friendship or uploaded to the page.)
- Watch the preview, shed a few tears, and then share the video to their timeline to spread the love and appreciation.
Is this the next Ice Bucket challenge? Will it beat Kim K in breaking the Internet? Only time will tell. For now, we’re thinking Facebook’s Say Thanks is a great way to increase your connectivity with your clients and your team. So get your clips ready and remember Thanksgiving - which falls every year on a #TBT - is the perfect time to reflect back and Say Thanks!
As always, if you have questions don’t hesitate to connect:
- Web: www.ideasthatevoke.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/evokebrandstrategies
- Blog: http://www.ideasthatevoke.tumblr.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/kellyehlers
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/ideasthatevoke
About Ideas That Evoke: At Ideas That Evoke we develop digital, social media and mobile strategies for salon professional, beauty and luxury brands. As branding and public relations veterans, yet early adopters of all things digital and social media, we understand the importance of creating measurable, buzz-worthy campaigns that generate bottom-line results. #IdeasThatEvoke