Oribe Owners’ Exchange
During the avant-garde runway show, even the model’s shoes donned colored hair wigs.Photo 2 of 5
The Man in action.Photo 3 of 5
The line up speakers at the Oribe Owners’ Exchange.Photo 4 of 5
Owners-Forum-Speakers_1000Photo 5 of 5
AT LAS VEGAS’ HARD ROCK HOTEL and Casino last May, the models strutted, the hair flew, and the crowds cheered for the iconic Oribe and his Oribe Backstage. The following day, the casino’s Muse theater transformed itself into Oribe’s personal pop-up atelier where hundreds of stylists followed the master’s techniques on more than 300 models.
But before all the on-stage action started, it was ideas that were ying in the Oribe Owners’ Exchange. Emceed by the company’s co-presidents, Tev Finger and Daniel Kaner, the day-long event featured two keynote speakers, then a series of best practice presentations, most from salon owners in the Oribe network.
To kick the day off, Paul Kessler, coauthor of Leading at the Edge: Leadership Lesson from the Extraordinary Saga of Shackleton’s Antartic Expedition, shared the tale of the ship AFR Midnight Rambler and its courageous win of the Sydney to Hobart Race to illustrate the characteristics of leaders performing at the edge. And, author Frances Cole Jones closed the day with inspiring ideas and role play from her book, How to Wow: Proven Strategies for Selling Your (Brilliant) Self in Any Situation.
In between, the exchange of great ideas occurred in a series of quick, thought-provoking presentations:
• Khiem Hoang from Umbrella Salon, shared his strategy for conducting online client surveys.
• SALON TODAY Editor in Chief Stacey Soble offered 10 of her favorite salon owner ideas from the SALON TODAY 200.
• Sheridan Bates of Bocz Salon divulged his winning ideas for nding new clients.
• Bang Salon’s Lisa Garcia persuaded owners to green their salon systems.
• Mindbody’s Stephanie Jennings shared new ideas possible with technology.
• Marc Harris, of Salon Marc Harris, unveiled his plans for Salon Week.
• The Playlist Generation’s Michael Smith showed owners how music can further communicate their salon brands.
• Luxelab’s David Abrams inspired with some best management ideas.
• And, Bangz Salon and Wellness Spa’s Israel Kronk inspired with his innovative “Give to Get” marketing program.
Originally posted on Salon Today.