Partnering for Profit
To build a successful business moving forward takes a community of like-minded people and companies that provide you with the resources necessary for you to stay connected and keep growing. To do this effectively, I recommend that you build partnerships in the following areas:
- Salon software companies
- Current distributor partners
- Future distributor partners
- Industry associations
- Business coaches
- Accounting firm
- Law firm
- Insurance company
- Local salons and spas
- Chamber of Commerce
- Charitable Organizations
Building a partnership with the above list will allow you to have different companies, associations, organizations and peers on your side. When you look at the above list, you can see the following attributes:
- Some of the support your business to grow directly (salon software companies, distributor partners, business coaches)
- Some of them provide you with a service to add benefits, integrity and stability (accounting firms, law firms, insurance companies)
- Some of them provide you with guidance, mentorship and growth as a leader (business coach, law firm, industry association)
- some of them provide you the opportunity to network and gather more ideas, solutions and knowledge, as well as the ability to share yours freely (industry associations, local salons & spas, Chamber of Commerce)
- Some of them you partner with to make a difference (charities, industry associations)
At the end of the day, you have many resources available to you to support the growth of your business. Choosing the right company or organization to partner with can have a tremendous impact on your business growth in the coming years ahead.
Take some time to do your research, ask for references, find out about the organizations or companies that you are interested in partnering with, be sure that they are aligned with your values and beliefs and get busy building your community support system! You and your team, clients, community and industry will be that much the better for it!
Originally posted on Salon Today.