Inside Look: America’s Beauty Show
Hereâs the scoop on the beauty industryâs main event.
WHAT: Americaâs Beauty Show
WHERE: McCormick Place, Chicago
WHEN: March 28-30, 2009
HOW TO REGISTER: americasbeautyshow.com or 800-883-7808
Cosmetologists Chicago, owners of Americaâs Beauty Show, recently surveyed salon professionals nationwide. Hereâs what your colleagues are buzzing about now.
- 41% noted clients are buying retail beauty products at the salon.
- 58% reported that clients are coming to the salon regularly, as they always have.
- 59% of respondents said their 2008 revenue was the same or better than 2007 numbers.
- 49% said clients are asking for a new look and new products to maintain that look.
What Do You Want to See at ABS?
- 67% of respondents want to see new salon services.
- 56% want to see new styling appliances.
- 56% want to check out hair color products.
- 55% want to see hair cutting tools.
- 36% are going to investigate wet lines.
- 49% of respondents said they wanted to learn from other successful hair stylists.
ABS offers peer-to-peer learning in the more than 100 workshops, classes, exhibitor platform artists and special events planned.
Why Are You Attending ABS?
- 61% of respondents want to find out whatâs new in fashion and styles
- 44% want to find new products
- 42% are coming to get good deals on products they use in the salon
- 41% will be there because âI always go to that show.â
After perusing the products on the show floor, take a break with these must-see fashion events only at ABS.
- Surrealism HairArt Collection: This fashion and runway presentation features Gina Khan and Chrystofer for LOGICS on Saturday evening, March 28 on The Runway @ ABS.
- Image in Motion: Anthony Mascolo and the TIGI International Creative Team make an exclusive appearance on Sunday, March 29.
- FutureVision09: On Sunday evening, March 29, P&G Beauty Professional (Wella Professional, Sebastian Professional, Graham Webb and Nioxin) showcase their brightest luminaries on the international beauty scene.
Education abounds at ABS. Not sure what to do first? Here are a few highlights you wonât want to miss:
- The [email protected]: This live education features some of the top stylists in the industry including Kim Vo, Orlando Pita, Danny Lapointe, Robert Cromeans and more!
- Salon and Spa Sustainability Summit: Learn how to maximize your salonâs positive impact.
- Advanced Classes and Workshops: The possibilities are endlessâhair, product, business. You name it and youâll find it at ABS.
These opportunities are just a taste of what ABS has to offer. Visit americasbeautyshow.com to learn more!
Still unsure about whether youâll attend the show this year? To provide incentive and to accommodate professionals affected by the economic turndown, Americaâs Beauty Network and Cosmetologists Chicago are providing value-added incentives to attendees at the 2009 show. This exclusive Salon Stimulus Package includes a one-year Americaâs Beauty Network membership, free admission for all three days of ABS, a Product Knowledge College Passport for dozens of classes, plus discounts on a Master Class and the Saturday evening fashion event with Gina Khan, all for only $75 (a more than $400 value).
Photos by Luis Alvarez for ABS