Planning for success is the only way success happens. And for most salon owners, having the guidance of a coach/mentor is essential for attaining the goals that lead to accomplishment. However, finding the right person to help grow a business is not always easy.
Business Strategist Ronit Enos advises keeping two things in mind, “Be very clear about the goals you want to achieve and find someone that you can communicate honestly with."
Enos says coaches and mentors can help clarify where to take a business, correct problems, help plan new initiatives and also determine the skills and steps needed for success. In addition, they hold business owners accountable! Guidance is equally valuable for those who have already achieved a degree of success and want to grow in a different direction or find a better work/life balance.
Tips for Finding the Right Coach/Mentor
- Ask for recommendations from peers and get feedback on success stories.
- Attend seminars of coaches in local area and access their skills/personality.
- Interview at least 3 potential coaches and research how long they’ve been in business, their coaching style, the number of clients, etc., and ask them for multiple references.
- Make sure the coach/mentor offers a complimentary strategy call, a key tool in determining if chemistry and communication style is a good fit.
- Request information on teaching philosophy; ask if video learning is utilized and if a feedback accountability system is in place.
- Inquire about the support offered after the intensive coaching period…is there an ongoing mastery or group program?
“If you can connect with the right coach, you will be amazed at the progress you can make toward your goals. Do it! You’ll be so glad you did,” adds Enos.
Additional information on https://ronitenos.com/coach-or-mentor/.