With 600 classes, 800 exhibitors and more than 58,600 attendees hailing from 44 countries—filling a 7-acre show floor at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida—by the 2017 numbers, it’s not a surprise that Premiere Orlando is one of the beauty industry’s biggest and best trade shows.
Back this year June 2-4, 2018, Premiere plans to be as large and wonderful as ever. Educating and inspiring, some of the biggest names in beauty are already confirmed for Premiere 2018—Candy Shaw, Chrystofer Benson, Daniel Roldan, Martin Parsons, Mustafa Avci, Sam Villa, Tracey Cunningham, and more.
Here are our top five reasons this year's show is a can’t-miss industry event:
- THREE FULL DAYS OF EDUCATION Further your career with complimentary business, extension, texture, trend, men’s, nails classes and more. With men’s grooming being a major focus of 2018, be sure to stop by The British Barbers’ Association’s inaugural Premiere lecture on Saturday at 12:45. The lecture aims to give men’s hairdressers the confidence to take the leap into barbering.
- CELEBRATE INDUSTRY TALENT In the Premiere tradition of celebrating beauty, new this year to Premiere Orlando is the Licensed to Create Awards Show by CosmoProf Beauty. On Sunday, June 3, the ceremony will celebrate emerging stylists, honor seasoned professionals and celebrate industry talent. Fifteen categories will be awarded to licensed professionals and student cosmetologists, voted by their peers across a variety of categories. Five stage presentations from professional beauty brands will be featured throughout the event. “We are excited to create of an event that celebrates the accomplishments of the many talented professionals in our industry,” says Mark Spinks, President, Beauty Systems Group.
- MAINSTAGE POWERHOUSES Taking inspiration from Fashion Weeks around the world, platform artists pull their looks off the runway and demonstrate how they're done. Industry icons Martin Parsons, Vivienne Mackinder, Tracey Hughes, Eric Fisher and Candy Shaw will all grace the mainstage with their technical and artistic prowess (along with many others). Plus, Leen and Bertus and Rob the Original will blow you away with their barbering.
- SOCIAL-MEDIA INFLUENCERS IRL From Guy Tang and Alix Clymer to Presley Poe, Taylor Rae, Chita Beseau, Cassandra McGlaughlin, Ricardo Santiago, Rickey Zito and many more, have the chance to learn from—or even meet with—your favorite Instagram beauty stars. These artists will present on Premiere’s Hair Color Stage, where you can learn everything about color, from vibrant shades to everyday hues.
- SHOWCASE YOUR SKILLS Enter this year’s competitions for the chance to win big! The Women’s Cut, Color and Styling, and Bridal Upstyling and Braiding competitions are open to both students and professionals in separate categories, as are Men’s Grooming competitions on Sunday and Monday of the show. Makeup and Lash Competitions include Mardi-Gras Lashes, Flawless Finish and Two-Faced special effects. And, for nail artists, each day will see at least one competition, testing your fantasy nail art skills and more. Students can enter the team competition to put their school in the spotlight.
Originally posted on Modern Salon