Edward Logan (left) and Gordon Logan (right)
"Championship Experiences" headlined Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle, an annual event that drew more than 3,200 team members this week to celebrate the leading haircare franchise dedicated to men and boys in its 25th anniversary year. Founder and CEO Gordon Logan announced the franchise's board of directors has elected Edward Logan, his son, as Sport Clips' new president.
"Edward has grown up in the business and is playing a key role in the company's growth, setting new standards for excellence in store operations. It's been rewarding during the meeting to share this news while looking back at Sport Clips' humble beginnings to where we are today as one of the top haircare providers in the U.S. and Canada," says Gordon Logan. "I look forward to working with Edward in his new role, along with our outstanding Leadership Team, to grow Sport Clips in new areas and ensure the championship experience we deliver for our exceptional franchisees and clients."
Sport Clips experienced much success in 2017. Some of its most notable achievements include:
- Sport Clips opened 133 stores in 2017 with plans to open 125 or more in 2018.
- Sport Clips ranked in the "Top 10" and among the "fastest growing" in the prestigious Entrepreneur Franchise 500 ranking.
- The company continues to focus on recruitment and retention of professional stylists and supports more than 17,000 team members in all 50 states.
- Sport Clips franchise locations are contributors to local economies, and system-wide experienced a 3.5 percent same store sales increase in 2017 over 2016.
- Sport Clips' "Haircuts with Heart" philanthropic outreach continues to positively impact thousands of individuals through national partnerships. This year, a record-breaking $1.25M donation was made by Sport Clips, its clients and product partners to the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the U.S. Foundation for the Help A Hero Scholarship program, a program benefitting veterans transitioning from military to civilian careers. Overall, Sport Clips has sponsored more than 900 scholarships since the program's inception in 2013. Additional Haircuts with Heart beneficiaries include St. Baldrick's Foundation, American Red Cross, Ageless Aviation Dreams Foundation and many other national, regional and local charitable organizations.
- Sport Clips team members pitch in to help other team members in times of need through the company's Wayne McGlone Memorial Relief Fund. Since the fund's 2012 creation, in memory of a highly respected Sport Clips area developer, nearly 300 team members have received more than $1.5 million in financial support for everything from medical treatment to housing after natural disasters.
As one of North America's top haircare providers, Sport Clips began with a single store in Austin, Texas, in 1993. With its 1800th location opening later this year, Sport Clips is now the only haircare franchise with a presence in all 50 U.S. states and Canada.
"We began Sport Clips with Coach Lou Holtz' exhortation to his teams to ‘Do your best; do what’s right; and treat others the way they want to be treated.’ These are the values on which we founded the company 25 years ago, and they remain our focus today,” said Gordon Logan. “We continue to build on the service we bring to clients, team members, franchise investors and communities, and we're looking forward to a strong and successful future for Sport Clips."
Top award winners recognized at the Sport Clips National Huddle include:
Area Developers of the Year – Phil & Laurie Brown, Bellevue, WA
Area Manager of the Year – Barbara Montes, Lake Forest, CA
Team Leader of the Year – Arif Taj, Los Angeles, CA
Coach of the Year – Stacia Kelley, Kansas City, MO
Logan Trophy –Kyle, TX Sport Clips, a company-owned and operated location
Guests at the annual gathering included authors and speakers John Paul DeJoria and Stephanie Kocielski of John Paul Mitchell Systems; Jabez LeBret; Danny "Success Addict" Amorim of GIBS Grooming; the Sport Clips Artistic Team along with Creative Director and Platform Artist Julian Perlingiero; Steve LeFever with Profit Mastery; and Mark Sato, The Wiseman Group.
About Sport Clips Haircuts
Sport Clips Haircuts is headquartered in Georgetown, Texas. It was established in 1993 and began franchising in 1995. The sports-themed haircutting franchise, which specializes in haircuts for men and boys, is ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the “Fastest-Growing Franchises” and in the top 10 in its “Franchise 500.” There are more than 1,700 Sport Clips stores open in the U.S. and Canada. Sport Clips is the “Official Haircutter” of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), offers veterans preferential pricing on haircuts and franchises, and was named a “2018 Best for Vets: Franchises” by Military Times. Sport Clips provides “haircuts with heart” through its annual Help A Hero fundraiser that has given more than $4.1 million to the VFW; national partnership with St. Baldrick’s Foundation, the largest private funder of childhood cancer research grants; and other national and local philanthropic outreach. Sport Clips is a proud sponsor of Joe Gibbs Racing’s NASCAR drivers Erik Jones and Denny Hamlin, Dale Coyne Racing with Vasser-Sullivan Indy Car driver Sebastien Bourdais, and partners with numerous NCAA and professional sports teams. To learn more about Sport Clips, visit sportclips.com.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.