For the Georgine Fall/Winter 2017 collection presented yesterday at NYFW, Moroccanoil Artistic Director, Kevin Hughes says that the “collection was inspired by the care-free VIP individuals that used to reside in hotel suites and make them their own." To honor that inspiration Hughes created a fashion-forward, bold and edgy look for the woman living in a “Georgine Suite," with an all-black, rough textured wig, with texture enhanced by a variety of Moroccanoil products.
Here Hughes offers the HOW-TO:
· To create the perfect foundation for styling, prep hair by applying a dime size of Moroccanoil Treatment Light from mid-length to ends.
· Spray Moroccanoil Root Boost throughout the hair to add texture, fullness and volume.
· Blow dry the hair smooth using a Moroccanoil Ceramic 55 MM Round Brush.
· Next, separate the hair into 1 ½ inch sections and use a 1 ½ inch barrel curling iron, wrapping the hair around the barrel, leaving the last 1 ¼ inch of the hair straight.
· Once you’ve completed the full head, spray Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray to create carefree, textured volume and long-lasting hold.
· For a more roughed-up, piecey look, rub a small amount f the Moroccanoil Texture Clay between palms and distribute throughout hair, building to a desired level of texture.
· To finish, mist with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong for a smooth and luminous finish.
Tips & Tricks From Kevin Hughes:
· To create extra texture in the hair, spray the Moroccanoil Root Boost throughout the hair, not just at the roots. This will be especially helpful for fine, slippery hair.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
Originally posted on Modern Salon