Who We Are
With roots more than 115 years old, the products of Schwarzkopf Professional, a part of Henkel group, can be found in salons on every continent. The company currently holds 7,600 patents, each one a new milestone in haircare. With award-winning product lines Igora, Essensity, BlondMe, BC Bonacure, and Osis+, Schwarzkopf Professional keeps the hairdresser at the heart of everything they do, according to the company, as they spread their message: “Together. A Passion for Hair.”
Rossa Jurenas, Schwarzkopf Professional color director North America, discusses buzzworthy products.
Igora Royal High Power Browns is the first ready-to-wear brown series from Igora Royal with high-lifting power for the most versatile brown results on dark levels.
- High-definition powerlift technology
- Lifts and tones dark virgin hair up to four levels in one easy step
- Long-lasting, fashionable brown tones
- Specifically designed for dark, virgin hair
- Up to 70-percent gray/white hair coverage
- Fast lift and tone brown service for your clients
- No need for pre-lightening
- Cool to warm fashionable brown reflection assortment
- Clients with dark, virgin hair
- When you need visual lift in combination with warm or cool brown tones
- Full-head application
- Partial color applications (highlights, ombre, partial-color placements)
Celebrating Global Style
Our biannual trend collection, Essential Looks, takes inspiration from international fashion runways and condenses it into distinct trends, all incredibly diverse, each set to ignite creative hairdressers’ imaginations. Essential Looks celebrates hairdressers’ passion for hair, fashion, and the future, and encompasses it into a luxuriously glossy trend book, digital app, breathtaking catwalk show and a stage event featuring live cuts and colors.
Perfect Pearls and Pastels
Igora Royal Pearlescence is our new color line featuring fresh, fashion-forward pastel and pearl tones. It is also featured in our Essential Looks 01/2015 Trend Collection. The Igora Royal Pearlescence shades are on-trend pastel pearl colors that are perfect to create fashion’s latest, iridescent pearl effects, from subtle to bold, for the perfect summer hair update and a new twist on blonde. They are completely customizable, fashion-forward colors that every woman can wear. Multi-tonal color gives stylists the versatility to create bold, standout looks that trend-led younger clients will love, plus subtle pastel shades for every age—all the way from light blonde to light brown.
“Color has always been at the heart of what we do. Igora Royal has given life to our partners’ creativity for more than 50 years. We are always a step ahead with innovations; we set new standards in the market.” —ROSSA JURENAS
Formulation for Success
The Schwarzkopf Professional color system is based on a combination of up to three numbers.
- The number in front of the dash indicates the color level of the shade and the ideal base to use the shade on in order to achieve true-to-swatch results.
- The first number after the dash shows the primary color tone direction.
- The second number after the dash shows the secondary color tone direction.
- Two identical numbers after the dash indicate an intense color.
Professional hotline: 800.234.4672
Advanced academy: Toronto ASK Academy, Toronto, Ontario
Rossa Jurenas, Schwarzkopf Professional Color Director North America; Kim Vo, BLONDME Global Ambassador; Roxanne Aubrey, Essential Looks Team Lead Schwarzkopf Professional USA; Christopher Fiffe, Artistic Team Lead Schwarzkopf Professional USA; Karyn Barrus, National Trainer Schwarzkopf Professional USA; Jorge Buccio, member of Schwarzkopf Professsional Artistic Team
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
Originally posted on Modern Salon