Popularized by Jackie Kennedy, the Bouffant reached its peak of popularity in 1965 ad 1966. This eye-catching hair style has made a comeback recently in shows like Mad Men with characters like Peggy Olsen or Joan Holloway.
This elaborate style pairs well with a long, off the shoulder, sequined gown. Or for your client's costume you could advise to wear a curve-hugging sheath dress wtih a cardigan, both cinched with a thin belt. Stockings with a seam up the back are perfectly reminiscent of the era when paired with a simple pump. Add a neutral lip and full lashes to finsh the look.
This look (1 of 10) is brought to you by Kenra Professional, which has created a Halloween-inspired Pinterest contest in collaboration wtih My Best Friend's Hair.
To enter the contest CLICK HERE.
GET THE LOOK:
1. In 1/4-inch sections, mist hair with Kenra Platinum Hot Spray 20 and overdirect your curling iron, pulling the barrel to the ends of the hair and rolling down to the base. Pin each curl as you go and continue to curl entire head.
2. Have your client sit under a dryer or use low setting on a hair dryer.
3. Unpin curls and tease, focusing on the crown.
4. Gently brush smooth, maintaining the height.
5. Backcomb with a flexible hold hairspray.
6. Apply a taffy product to smooth any flyaways and add shine/definition to the style.
7. Finish with Kenra Finishing Spray 26, which provides maximum control with long-lasting lift and style support.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.