Bottom line: If your salon doesn't have a website, you are missing out on opportunity. You're missing out on potential clients who are searching for a new salon, on talented prospects who are looking for the right place to work, and new distributors/vendors who are looking for the right environment for their products. Can you really afford to give any of that away?
In today's world, it's simply not enough to have a website, you need a professional-looking site that is a reflection of your brand. Remember, your website often is how people form the first impression of your brand. One great thing about the internet is it has really leveled the playing field between mega, multi-location salon and spa operations and the smaller shops. No matter your size, you have just as much opportunity to present your brand exactly how you want.
If you aren't in a position to develop your own website from the ground up-which generally demands a lot of time and money-a good solution is taking advantage of a semi-custom website package. MODERN SALON's Site Kit, for example, lets you post a professional, beautiful salon website in less than 15 minutes, including the look, information and images specific to your salon. The Site KIt has 90 website templates and thousands of images available, and you can update your website 24/7 whenever and wherever you want.
In addition to the standard website package, which provides everything you need for a small monthly fee, Site Kit also offers a range of optional advanced features including online appointment requests, e-commerce catalogs, gift certificate sales and online salon tours.
Site KIt, the professional beauty and wellness industry's leading source for self-administered salon websites, is now offering a 30-day free trial. Click here to learn more about MODERN SALON's Site Kit and to view the sites of some Site Kit customers.
Here's some useful ideas on how to use your new site:
- Personalize your homepage with some information about your salon and/or spa, including a description, your business philosophy and/or mission statement.
- Enter detailed descriptions about your services and prices on your services page. For more unusual or complex spa services, include what they can expect during the service.
- Show all the lines of products you use or sell. Browse through the brand logo library to identify and describe them.
- List special promotions or gift packages at a discount. Check out Site Kit's pre-made Business Builder promotions to make it quick and easy.
- Add personal information about your staff, their accomplishments, specialties and recently added advanced education classes. Include their photos and hours.
- Take advantage of the option to buy gift certificates online. Your clients can event print out the gift certificates on their own printers for those last-minute gifts.
- Upload some pictures of your salon, staff and special services to your personal image library to use in your regular website. Use them to provide a visual salon tour or show before- and after-shots.
- Collect your customers' email addresses so you can notify them of special sales on services or products with e-mail blasts.
Stacey Soble has been involved in the conversation of salon business for 14 years-as a reporter, a consultant and as the editor in chief of SALON TODAY.
Read Stacey Soble's Blogs
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.