As SALON TODAY celebrates the best in salon business in North America through its SALON TODAY 200, SALONS OF THE YEAR and STAMP competitions, Hairdressers Journal (HJ) similarly celebrates the best in business in the British hairdressing community. The winners of HJ’s British Hairdressing Business Awards recently were announced at an exclusive awards night in London.
Held on Monday, July 4th, the evening recognized the most successful salon businesses that have helped make the British hairdressing industry respected around the world. From standout salons and exemplary teamwork to groundbreaking innovations and trailblazing individuals, HJ’s British Hairdressing Business Awards are an annual celebration of business brilliance.
Hosted by Anton du Beke, the evening commenced with a drink reception, followed by a three-course meal. A total of 17 trophies were handed out during the event, with awards presented by representatives from the category sponsors and industry VIPS.
"The last few years have presented our industry – and the economy at large – with seemingly endless challenges," said Jayne Lewis-Orr, executive director of HJ’s British Hairdressing Business Awards. "Our winners have shown resilience, dedication and pure passion, and their love of hairdressing is evident in all they do. From Host Anton du Beke and HJ’s Executive Director, Jayne Lewis-Orr a thorough understanding of the market to remarkable attention to detail and a genuine desire to offer an exceptional service to their clients, these salons, teams and individuals represent all that makes British hairdressing so very special. I’m delighted to see them recognised and acknowledged in this way."
- Business Director of the Year, sponsored by Hairdressers Journal – Colin McAndrew, Medusa Hairdressing
- Customer Service Award, sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional – Melissa Timperley Salons
- Educator of the Year sponsored by Wella Professionals – Rainbow Room Academy
- Franchisee of the Year, sponsored by Justice Professional – Nicola Hughes, Saks, Chester
- Independent Salon–Business Newcomer of the Year, sponsored by NHBF – RudHair Dunmow
- Innovation of the Year, sponsored by Salon International – BarberTalk and Hair&BeautyTalk
- Assistant of the Year, sponsored by Salon International – Declan George Parkes, Scots Hair Design
- Barbershop/Grooming Salon of the Year, sponsored by Modern Barber - Manifesto
- Manager of the Year, sponsored by Kao Salon Division – Thomas Potts, Thomas Hairdressing
- Marketing Campaign of the Year, sponsored by Phorest Salon Software – Haringtons Group
- Salon Design Award, sponsored by Alan Howard – Electric Space
- Salon of the Year 1 (turnover more than £350,000), sponsored by iTEC/VTCT – Nuala Morey
- Salon of the Year 2 (turnover lessthan £350,000),sponsored by L’Oréal Professionnel – Elevan Hairdressing
- Salon Stylist of the Year, sponsored by Revlon Professional – Barry Maddocks, Haringtons
- Salon Team of the Year, sponsored by Treatwell – Goldsworthy’s Hairdressing
- Social Stylist of the Year, sponsored by Hairdressers Journal – Casey Coleman, Chair Studio
- Sustainable Salon of the Year, sponsored by Authentic Beauty Concept, Anne Veck Oxford
Hall of Fame 2022 (Winning the same category three times)
- Mark Woolley, Electric – Business Director of the Year 2010, 2015 & 2021
- Josh Goldsworthy, Goldworthys - Salon Stylist of the Year 2019, 2020 & 2021
- Bloggs Salons - Salon of the Year 2 2017, 2020 & 2021
- Westrow – Educator of the Year - 2016, 2018, 2021
See how we celebrate salon business with the SALON TODAY 200:
Special ST200 Awards Recognize Heros During Pandemic Recovery
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.