Salon of the Year 2013 Application
Did you give your salon a makeover this year or build a brand-new space? Share your gorgeous new, or newly renovated, salon with SALON TODAY magazine by entering the 30th annual SALONS OF THE YEAR competition.
The entire June 2013 issue of SALON TODAY will be devoted to salon decor and design, with detailed profiles of all the 2013 SALONS OF THE YEAR. Photos of the honored salons will be complemented by their design facts and figures, great decor ideas and trend predictions. Get the recognition you and your beautiful salon deserve.
Deadline: Must be submitted online or postmarked no later than February 4, 2013.
Your salon is eligible for consideration in SALONS OF THE YEAR 2013 if:
1. Your salon opened or completed a remodel between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012.
2. You label and submit 10, high-resolution digital photos ON DVD or through our online application (at least 300 dpi, and 9" x 12") showcasing key elements of the salon’s decor.
3. You completely fill out the application, sign it, mail it with artwork and essay responses, and grant SALON TODAY/MODERN SALON Media permission to edit and publish information and artwork.
4. Your entry is entered online or postmarked no later than February 4, 2013.
5. You send your submission with a $75 processing fee. Please make checks payable to SALON TODAY.
SALON TODAY is not responsible for any missing information.
What is listed on the application will appear in the magazine.
Call Joyce Alverio at 847-415-8037 or e-mail Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIPS & INFO
Since SALONS OF THE YEAR 2013 is a photo-based competition, it is highly recommended that entrants use a professional photographer who has specific experience in photographing interior environments. Salon mirrors and lighting are just two challenges to capturing the ambiance and impact of your beautiful new or improved salon. Also, please make sure there are NO people, products or clutter in your shots. You may submit one image that includes the owners and/or staff. (NOTE: Product is allowed in your retail areas.)
You are also strongly urged to schedule your shoot early, well before the January 31, 2013, deadline. You will need adequate time to review and edit the images and compile your application.
You may need to re-shoot certain areas. A good goal might be to mail your entry three weeks BEFORE the deadline.
Although it is primarily a visual competition, it is also important to accurately complete the written information required on the entry form for SALONS OF THE YEAR. These details will impact the judging procedure.
Ten digital images must be high resolution (at least 300 dpi, and at least 9" x 12"), burned on a CD or uploaded with your application. Digital images that do not meet this criteria will be immediately disqualified. Please label your CD with your salon name and location.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF AWARD RECIPIENTS
Applicants will be notified by mail by May 1, 2013.
Award winners will be featured in the June 2013 issue of SALON TODAY.