· Important growth factors affecting the appliance market were the continuing strength of at-home hair maintenance, the popularity of straightening and conditioning, new technology, plus the new trend of curly looks.
· New product features resulting in higher prices and trendy new appliance decoration offset lower base model pricing.
· Traditional channel curling and flat iron sales grew at 9.5%; blow dryers grew 4.7% and clippers/trimmers at 6.9%.
· High growth in booth rental salons/salon suites propelled sales at Sally Beauty, Beauty Systems Group (BSG), SalonCentric and other distributor stores.
· Farouk, which ranks sixth with its CHI brand, has established a “home” in BSG distribution. The study identifies significant changes at Bio Ionic, Paul Mitchell, Cricket, GHD, FHI Heat, HAI Elite and T-3.
· The study reviews Andis, Wahl, Oster and Forfex, the market leaders in the clipper/trimmer category, in depth.
· The 2012 study features an in-depth category report on shears.
Trade advertising data for appliances and shears are reported in depth, along with an analysis of promotions. A special section reveals market shares for top companies and names more than 127 North American brands.
For purchasing information or questions, contact Cyrus Bulsara at email@example.com or go to www.ProConsultants.us