Parenty graduated with a B.A. in Business Management from Moravian College in Bethlehem, PA, in 1980. After graduation, he joined the Federated Department Store executive training program. In 1983, he joined the professional salon industry as a territory manager in the northeast for Lamaur, Inc. based in Minneapolis. Over the next several years, he held several positions with Lamaur in sales and marketing and assumed the vice president, Salon Division position in 1988.
Parenty joined L’Oréal’s Professional Products Division as vice president, sales for Redken in January 1997. He became vice president, general manager for Redken in 2000 and senior vice president, general manager in 2002. Under his leadership, Redken had double-digit sales and profit growth, as the company evolved its original DNA of innovative technology and strong education to create an inclusive culture that attracted salon stylists throughout the U.S. market.
In 2009, Pat moved into a his role as president U.S. Brands, L’Oréal Professional Products Division, overseeing the U.S. business for Redken, Pureology, Matrix, L’Oréal Professionnel, Mizani, Kérastase, Shu Uemura Art of Hair, L’Oréal Technique and Essie. In 2010, he was promoted to president, L’Oréal USA Professional Products Division and SalonCentric.
Multi-unit salon and spa owners and senior executives still have time to register for ISBN’s 2014 Conference and congratulate Parenty in person. The packed agenda features executive leadership content, including:
• Chris Brogan’s keynote, “Helpful is the New Business Frontier” and “Mastering the Digital Channel” workshop;
• Shalom Saada Saar, PhD’s, keynote, “Leading a High-Performance Salon/Spa” and Dr. Saar’s leadership workshop;
• “Connected CRM: Delivering on a Data-Driven Retail Business Strategy," presented by Mike Mojica, executive vice president and general manager, retail, for Merkle Inc. and a CRM workshop.
• Two industry trends presentations: BSG’s Pat Neville will present “Industry Trends, Challenges and Opportunities for Grownth,” and MODERN SALON Media’s Steve Reiss will present, “Beauty Industry Trends: Risks and Opportunities.”
• ISBN’s members’ Keys to Success presented by Paige Cheever, Design 1 Salons, Michigan; Brandon Bailie, Rocco Altobelli Salons, Minnesota; and Laura Silver, Salon Resource Group, Canada.