What Was Your Biggest Spa Disaster?

By Web Editor | 10/01/2008 10:04:00 AM

 



“Hiring someone who was an absolute nightmare. After I had spent lots of money on advertising to help promote her business, I found out that she wasn’t even ‘qualified’ to do the work—and she was an independent contractor! I learned a great lesson.”
LYNN HAMMOND
Harbor Hair Design
Kingston, Washington


“It truly was a near disaster: After eight years of being out of the industry, my new boss scheduled me with a spa pedicure, without any training in the spa’s specific procedures for their ‘signature’ services. I no longer work there.”
KRISTI SWIFT
Michael’s on Mass
Indianapolis, Indiana


“One time, when I was doing an eyebrow wax on a client, I accidentally dribbled a bit of wax into her hair. When I went to clean it up, I pulled off her wig.”
JANET RABIG
Salon 37 & Day Spa
Algonquin, Illinois


“The water was accidentally left on at the pedicure chair and the entire nail area flooded!”
LACY SHIRLEY
Hair Tech
Lewisville, Texas


“One of my booth renters hung a calendar in one of my rooms. When she left, I went to take the nail out of the wall and realized that she had drilled a hole into the water line! Water came gushing out! I had to call a friend in to screw it back in. To this day, that screw is still there and it brings back a painful memory.”
MICHELLE SMITH
Rejuve Salon Spa
Raleigh, North Carolina


“Waxing someone’s eyebrow off completely.”
GAIL LOCKWOOD
Organic Designs By Gail
Fort Worth, Texas


“One time in our spa, a guest fell asleep with the mask on so the skin care specialist stepped out for a moment. When she went back in, the woman thought she was an intruder! With the green mask on, and her hair standing straight up, the client began running after our staff member. She ran right out the door and startled the rest of us!”
APRIL LYN GRAFFEO
Indra Salon and City Spa
Andover, Massachusetts


“Our worst spa disaster was when the tip of a microdermabrasion implement scratched a client’s face.”
TRACY CADDY
CNCC Cosmetology Center
Craig, Colorado


“One time, the water pipes under our building burst and we didn’t have hot water for more than six hours.”
LAURIE POPOVER
Oz the Salon
Scottsdale, Arizona

 

 

RELATED ARTICLES

No matching related articles at this time.

 

SHARE THIS

 


Comments (0) Leave a comment 

Name
e-Mail (required)
Location

Comment:

characters left