Mylynda Vigliotti, better known as Boom Boom, owner of Boom Boom Brow Bar with Baby.
Mylynda Vigliotti, aka “Boom Boom,” owns Boom Boom Brow Bar, one of New York City’s premiere waxing salons. Boom Boom and her staff shape more than 500 brows a month. A pioneer in the brow shaping biz, Boom Boom thinks the service often takes too much time, so she makes brow shaping and other waxing services fun, fast and affordable. If you offer waxing services, here are 10 reasons Boom Boom Brow Bar clients keep coming back. Her tips are light-hearted, but are proven business builders.
1. Brows are shaped with the client sitting up and out in the open—the better to judge brow shape.
2. Boom Boom uses Flash Wax, a low temperature cream wax that is heated to a lower temperature and is gentle on sensitive skin.
3. Every time a stick is dipped into wax, it is a clean, new stick. For brows or bikinis, no double dipping ever.
4. During Happy Hour (4-5p.m.) Boom Boom offers a free lip wax with brow shaping.
5. A tweezer drop box is available for the client who can’t control the urge to tweeze.
6. Brow shaping takes no more than 10 minutes.
7. Keep it cheap, says Boom Boom who charges only $24.
8. For client convenience, walk-ins are always welcome.
9. Disco ball and rockin’ tunes add to salon’s fun vibe.
10. Big Bold Brows are in—groom only once a month