click image to zoomA reception area in one of the Van Michael locations. With Van Michael locations in Atlanta, Miami and Tokyo servicing 1,000 clients per day, consistency is the key to maintaining a world-class different. Van Council says drilling the company’s 21 service standards during daily lineups (Van Michael’s version of a huddle) keeps them at the forefront of each team member’s mind. Council also shared them with SALON TODAY:
1. As a team member of Van Michael Salon, we will live the standards and values every day and use the portfolio consulting approach—no exceptions!
2. No smoking during work shift—either in or out of the building.
3. We will adhere to the dress code policy by always looking polished, sharp, proper hygiene, pressed clothes, neat nails, well-shaven, fresh breath, no chewing gum, no eating where our guests can see us, and our hairstyle will reflect the current trends we are trying to ‘sell.’
4. We will live $500 attitudes and leave our personal problems at the door.
5. We will greet each and every guest by name at every point of contact and show the utmost in courtesy. We will always inform the guest of any wait time.
6. Never let our guests see us sweat the small stuff.
7. Always escort our guests to their service area and to their next service professional—never point.
8. Everyone must focus on booking the next appointment for each of our guests, regardless if it is your guest or not.
9. We will embrace S.M.A.R.T. feedback always!
10. We will focus on the guest, always remembering that they are the foundation of the salon and that they are NEVER wrong.
11. We will provide a sensory experience of a stress-relieving shampoo or massage (or the hand massage) and always offer the finishing touches—not once in a while.
12. We will never talk negatively about Van Michael Salons—either in or out of the salon. No gossiping!
13. We are empowered to find a solution to every problem. Own all problems you encounter—no excuses!
14. Always thank the guest throughout their services.
15. Create “Raving Fan” experiences by always being professional, giving world-class service and asking for referrals.
16. We will be known as the salon that ‘teaches and educates’ our guests.
17. Every employee of Van Michael Salons will treat the salons as if they owned the company.
18. We will always practice teamwork and lateral service.
19. Greeters will lalways be at the front desk and service providers at their stations at the time of the appointment. Everyone is responsible for our guests’ wellbeing.
20. We will create a positive work environment by focusing on the senses—what the guest will see, hear, smell, taste and touch throughout their visit. Keep the salon clean always!
21. YOU ARE ON STAGE: ACT THE PART! Smile as though you really care!