- Don’t pin anything that could compromise your brand, even as a joke.
- Be aware of copyright laws and adhere to limitations on sharing.
- Think of things other than hair that is part of your salon culture – books, recipes, tattoos, art, music, etc.
- Be consistent and pin every day, throughout the day. Pinterest has a smartphone app, which makes it easy to do anytime. HINT: Best time to ‘pin’ is Saturday morning.
- Keep it fun and engaging and don’t shy away from things that push the envelope. Just don’t venture into the offensive!
For more advice about how to be more ‘pinnable’ and online marketing, visit the linkup salon and spa marketing blog. Play around; discover new things; learn about your clients.