· Partner and feature with other local retailers, and they in-turn will refer new clients.
· Have your vendors supply you with copy and photos of new products.
· Create a yearly format, and have a plan in place as to topics to be covered in every issue. Try planning three to four issues ahead.
· Inform your team and delegate articles well ahead of dateline, stay on top of their progress and let them know that there is support available to help them pull their stories together.
· There are many computer programs available on graphic design that are user friendly, ask around. Get some of your clients involved.
· Make sure all your work is proofread multiple times before publishing.
Newsletters along with customer testimonials, referrals, points, email blasts and other in house programs, cost next to nothing to produce, yet are some of the best tools available in reaching out to your base. Your team will also benefit greatly from seeing their work featured and photo shoots published. It earns them credibility and raises everyone's self-esteem.
Looking for inspiration for your first newsletter? Check our www.akaribeauty.com for copy of our current newsletter.
Allan Labos has more than 30 years of beauty and style experience across the country and in Europe. He began his career under the tutelage of Vidal Sassoon in London and opened and managed Sassoon salons and schools in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and New York. For the past 25 years he has owned and operated Akari, a 20,000-square-foot business in Portland, Maine. Akari offers hair, nail and spa services and also includes a boutique, fitness center and medical spa.
Check out some of Allan's other blogs: