This is an important number to follow as it shows how many people are exposing your content and your page to others in their network. More on this number and what it means in future blog posts.
Weekly Total Reach: Just because you have the potential to reach a lot of people (your Friends of Fans number), doesn't mean your messages reach all of those people. It's important to know the actual number of people your message has reached each week. The weekly total reach shows how many people have seen any content associated with your page (including any ads or sponsored stories pointing to your page) in the past seven days.
Don't forget to check your performance in these metrics over time to see if you are improving or not. You can also see the correclation between the number of posts you make and the change in your performance.
Quick Tips on Using Insights
- Hover over the question mark next to the metric to see the time frame of each metric.
- Hover over any point in your graphs to see the specific date and number for that date.
- You can export your metrics into a spreadsheet to work with.
- Filter your results based on specific date ranges in most areas—look for the date range calendars.
- View your performance on certain types of posts, such as photos, videos or status updates.