Guido, for Redken and Sultra, created a modern futuristic ponytail at the Alexander Wang Spring 2013 show, presented at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in NYC. The look was smooth and sleek in the front and loaded with natural-looking textured waves in the back.
"I wanted to create a modern twist on the classic New York ponytail that played with dual textures," he says. "I started with a sleek low pony kept close to the head and infused movement and texture in the back, keeping it very sleek in the front. I finished the look with a strip of tape down the center part to create a very modern, futuristic vibe that suited the collection."
Guido offers a HOW TO:
1) On damp hair, create a center part that's clean, but not perfectly straight.
2) Apply Redken satinwear 02 to hair and dry with Sultra Temptress Power Dryer, leaving natural texture in the bottom two thirds.
3) Create a low pony at the nape of the neck keeping the hair tight to the head.
4) Take large sections of the pony and use the Sultra Bombshell Cone Rod Curling Iron to create a slight bend to the hair.
5) Adhere tape to the center part, running about an inch down the center of the forehead.