Wella Professionals Style LA Fashion Week
Claudio Lazo works on a model.Photo 2 of 7
The Wella Team backstage at LAFWPhoto 4 of 7
Midnight Red's Colton Rudloff and stylist Susan Davis.Photo 7 of 7
Wella Professionals was the title sponsor of the season for Los Angeles Fashion Week at Sunset Gower Studios. At the Swim Show, Wella Top Artist, educator and lead for the show, Claudio Lazo, kept it calm, cool and collected backstage while he and his team created runway-ready hair. Under his direction, stylists brought Malibu Chic to Sunset Boulevard.
“The shape is understated,” said Lazo, owner of C the Salon in Studio City, CA. “St. Tropez beachy waves, and very luxurious.”
To achieve this sexy look on the models, Lazo and his team went through these steps:
- Begin with hair wet. Apply Wella Extra Volume Styling Mousse.
- Blow hair smooth. Reapply Mousse. Models with extra texture to their hair also received a bit of Rugged Fix Matte Molding Crème. "The idea is to build up product to provide 'grip' to the hair," said Lazo.
- Section hair into quadrants. Curl each leaving ends out so there’s a bit of bend.
- “Heat until you touch the barrel and your fingers are not comfortable,” said Lazo. “It’s crucial to get enough heat to penetrate.”
- Clip and allow to cool.
- Gently separate curls so they don’t hug. Finish with a hold product like Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Hairspray.
WATCH: Video below shows Lazo finishing a model who was preparing to walk the lounge area. And see the final looks inside the pages of an upcoming issue of MODERN SALON.