L’Oréal Professionnel Color & Style Trophy Coming to the U.S.
This news is BIG!
L’Oréal Professionnel announces its first-ever Color & Style Trophy in the United States. The professional brand is bringing the competition, which L'Oréal reports is the longest-running live hair competition globally, stateside to showcase U.S. talent. The Color & Style Trophy will establish a new pillar in L’Oréal Professionnel’s commitment to providing not only premium in-salon experiences, but also educating stylists, assisting in maximizing their potential in the industry and celebrating their unique artistry.
Internationally present since 1954, the Color & Style Trophy brings together top talent in the industry comprised of teams including a colorist, stylist, designer, make-up artist, wardrobe stylist and model to invent the new cut, color and style trends for the year.
Available for entry until April 30, the Color & Style Trophy is comprised of six award categories including “Color & Style Award,” “Color Award,” “Young Talent Award,” and “People’s Choice Award” with eight opportunities for participants to win.
Entrants will create a complete look on a model and select the award categories they want to compete in. The looks will then be judged and the finalists will compete LIVE in front of a panel of industry influencers and leaders in New York City for the chance to compete in the 2017 Global Color & Style Trophy at the L’Oréal Professionnel Business Forum in Seville, Spain.
The following are a few of the renowned names joining the judging panel for Color & Style Trophy:
- Ammon Carver, Owner of the Ammon Carver Studio, 5 time nominee of the NAHA Editorial Stylist of the year. @ammoncarver
- Anh Co Tran, L’Oréal Professionnel Ambassador, Celebrity and Editorial Stylist and Co-Owner Ramirez Tran Salon in Los Angeles
- Chrystofer Benson, Founder of Chyrstofer Benson Collective, Benson’s own education platform
- Heath Grout, L’Oréal Professionnel Artist and photographer with work featured in industry and fashion publications
- Jason Backe, L’Oréal Professionnel Ambassador, Celebrity Colorist and Co-Owner Ted Gibson Beauty
- Jennifer Macdougall, L’Oréal Professionnel Artist, Award Winning Colorist, Editorial and Celebrity Hairdresser
- Johnny Ramirez, L’Oréal Professionnel Ambassador, Celebrity Colorist and Co-Owner Ramirez Tran Salon in Los Angeles
- Jo Blackwell-Preston, L’Oréal Professionnel Artist and Educator, Owner of Dop Dop Salon in New York City
For more information and entry details, visit: www.colorstyletrophy.com.
Originally posted on Modern Salon.