5 Tips for Creating the Best Salon of the Year Images, Deadline Extended to Feb. 10
Zandi K in Lakewood, CO.Photo 1 of 9
Tangerine in Dallas, TX.Photo 2 of 9
Niki Moon in Naperville, IL.Photo 3 of 9
Ecco Salon in Waunakee, WI.Photo 4 of 9
David Ezra in Wayne, NJ.Photo 5 of 9
AYA in Petaluma, CA.Photo 6 of 9
Lalo Salon in Chesterfield, MO.Photo 7 of 9
Michael & Michael in Chicago, IL.Photo 8 of 9
Don Angeles in Bay City, Michigan.Photo 9 of 9
While the deadline for Salon Today’s interior design competition, Salons of the Year, is rapidly approaching, we’re willing to extend that deadline until February 10 for any salons that are still working to get their new or newly renovated salon photographer.
Since SOTY is a photo-based competition, it is highly recommended that entrants use a professional photographer who has specific experience in photographing interior environments. Salon mirrors and lighting are just two challenge to capturing the ambiance and impact of a beautiful salon design.
In addition, Salon Today offers the following tips for creating the best interior design images.
- Clear the field. The images should focus on your fabulous salon design, and not be encumbered by products or tools on stations or general clutter. And, while we recommend that you submit one image that includes a portrait of the owners or the team, in general we prefer interior design images that include no people in them.
- Manage your time. Schedule you shoot early enough that you have adequate time to review and edit the images and compile your application.
- Tell your design story. While it is primarily a visual competition, it also is important to accurately complete the written information required on the entry form for SALONS OF THE YEAR. These details will impact the judging procedure, helping judges notice important aspects of your design.
- Remove distractions. Please remove any protective plastic covering from chairs and any holiday decorations or promotional signage that may clutter your images.
- Format your images. Provide up to 10 high-resolution digital images. Images should be at least 300 dpi, and at least 9” x 12”. But then on a CD and mail them with the application, or upload them into the online application. If you submit a CD, make sure to label your CD with your salon name and location.