How to Build a Better Salon Business from Pureology
July 10, 2011
- Always promote treatments before and after a color service to ensure longer lasting color results.
- Offer a free trial treatment to select clients. Once they feel the benefits they will never want to have color without the pre and post treatments.
- Send out a card offering the service to new and existing clients.
- Make sure you have healthy beautiful hair. Promote the treatments with your own shiny, vibrant color-treated hair.
- Pre-Book the next appointment. This will help prevent “down time” in the salon and build a stronger relationship with your client. Pre-Booking will help your client not go past their scheduled time for color services. This will ensure that they always have beautiful hair color.
- Adding on 1 treatment a day could help you earn and extra $150 a week, $600 a month and $7,200 a year! Imagine if you added 2 treatments a day.
- Make sure you keep client cards. This will help you remember the color formula and technique you performed and also the treatments and take home regimen you recommended.
- Listen-Listen for words like dull, faded and damaged. This opens up a conversation about the treatment you could provide to help with all of those problems.
- Referrals-Want new clients? Offer existing clients a free treatment if they send you 2-3 new clients. Referral clients are the best new clients because they choose to visit you and come with new ideas, pictures and prices.
- Add treatment services to your salon menu.