Retail Summer School
Business is booming but your stylists still aren’t selling. Use these tips to turn them into the best retail salespeople around.
- Offer new incentives. If their commission is normally 12% on retail, change it up for the month of July. Do they normally sell around 20 units a month? Give them 15% commission on anything over 20 units.
- Make it a group effort. Create some healthy competition in your salon. Have a blue team and a red team (or pink and purple, whatever you want!) and pit them against each other to see who sells the most. The winners get a summer outing!
- Go back to basics. Do you have some staffers who still struggle with basic sales techniques? Take a night every week after the salon closes to do some role playing so they’ll be more at ease with selling to your clients.
- Make a clean sweep. Rearrange your retail shelves! Add a new line or take one away; arrange products to be at eye level; or create an area where clients can play with products.
- Create buzz. Build a shelf just for your employees’ favorite products. Change it weekly or monthly to feature the staffs’ current favorites. Don’t forget to include a notecard that says whose favorite it is and why she loves it!