Marketing Your Staff
They’re hip, they’re talented, they’re savvy. How do you market your staff to potential clients?
Looking for ways to make your staff members stand out? Here are a few ideas on how to put the spotlight on key employees.
• Create a product wall with staff picks on it. Have the stylist’s photo next to the product with a card explaining why he or she chose that product as his or her favorite.
• Have a “stylist of the month” highlighted in your client newsletter. Choose a new stylist who’s struggling to build a client base and feature her in your newsletter. List her accomplishments, specialties and background.
• Put her in a leadership position. Do you have a stylist who’s a superstar when it comes to blowouts? Or maybe her retail numbers triple the rest of the staff’s numbers put together. The next time you hold an in-house educational seminar, put her in charge. It’ll give her experience in teaching and you a new leader in the salon.
• Use your staff in direct mailers. Your stylists can be your best advertisement as a style source in your community. Use their photos on your direct mailers with short bios highlighting some of the unique things they’ve done.
• Create a portfolio. You know those hair books you have lying around in the waiting area? Create your own featuring your stylists’ work. Make it professional and don’t forget to include a photo of each stylist on their page of work.